Wednesday, April 8, 2009

My First Series: The Armor of God

Starting on Easter Monday I am going to begin this blog's first series: The Armor of God.

As you know, I believe that I have been caught for awhile in a bit of spiritual warfare and one of the things I have said consistently to myself and others is that I wish that someone had given me a bit of a manual so that I knew how to fight back. I know that we have the Bible -- the written, living, Word of God. But at the same time, I wanted some sort of road map to inform me how to wield the weapons outlined in Ephesians 6:10-18.

The Armor of God is a powerful - in fact, the MOST powerful - thing we can cloak ourselves in next to the blood of Christ. The Armor is effective not only in spiritual warfare but also in our day-to-day lives. However, sometimes, it's difficult to know what each piece is for and how we can be using it in our walk with God and in both the challenges and opportunities we face.

I don't claim to have all the answers but I do believe that God uses our experiences to speak hope, encouragement and direction into the lives of others while at the same using those very same experiences to teach us something special about the plans He has for our own lives.

I hope you'll join me for the journey. I'm looking forward to it.

It starts, here, on Easter Monday.

1 comment: