Sunday, February 1, 2009

A Mid-Day Praise


We are on our way to watch the Superbowl and to cheer on the underdogs (just like David versus Goliath!) but I wanted to share with you all something that happened today.  There will be a blog entry up tomorrow that I encourage you to read - but until then I wanted to share with you something that I am praising God for.

Today at church, my friend Hope called me over and said she had read my blog and the entry where I talked about covering myself up with an old afghan that had belonged to my grandparents.  She said when she read that she felt God tell her that she had something to give me.  And today she opened her bag and pulled out a genuine prayer shawl -- a Tallit - which I can now wear to pray.  She had purchased it in Israel and it had found its way from the Holy Land to my hands.  All via Hope.

I was speechless.  Speechless because I have told my wife and I have told God just how much I have wanted this prayer shawl.  And today He delivered it through a faithful servant.

As I was going up in the elevator to our apartment I happened to glance down and see the tag which I had not noticed before... and all it said was:

"The Prayer Shawl You Prayed For... Made in Israel".

Hope is an interesting thing, isn't it?  We all need it, we all have it, and today our Hope delivered something from the One who tells us to place our hope and trust in Him.

As Micah 7:7 says:

"But as for me, I watch in hope for the LORD, I wait for God my Savior; my God will hear me".

My God did hear me.  He blessed me.  He will deliver me.  That much I know and that much I can hold tight to knowing it to be true.  He shows it to me in little and big ways every single day.

Today was one of those days.

All of us -- every last one of us -- need a little Hope (and hope) in our life.

Bless you my friend for answering God's call.

No comments:

Post a Comment